12th February 2016
RBH, the UK's leading independent hotel management company, has recognised the best hotels, teams and individuals from across its 63-strong portfolio at its annual awards ceremony.
The sparkling event, held at Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock on Friday 5th February, recognised outstanding performances across nine categories, with the coveted 'Hotel of the Year' award going to Holiday Inn Guildford.
Around 300 guests enjoyed a black tie dinner and were entertained on the night by a Rio Carnival themed event in celebration of the 2016 Olympics.
This year's 'Employee of the Year' is Jonathan Shields, Senior Guest Services Manager at Aloft Liverpool, who impressed judges with the excellent work he has carried out over the past year.
Other winners on the night were Don McGregor from The Rosslea Hall Hotel for 'GM of the Year', Telford Whitehouse for 'CSR Hotel of the Year' and Holiday Inn Cambridge for 'Exceptional People Hotel of the Year'.
Group Learning and Development Manager, Niki Fincham, was named as Support Person of the Year for delivering high quality training courses to employees in hotels across the RBH portfolio.
Niki was awarded after glowing testimonials praising her work across the group were submitted by hotel General Managers from five different hotels.
Susan Bland, Chief Human Resources Officer of RBH, said: "Our annual awards ceremony presents us with the opportunity to recognise all the dedication and hard work that goes on across our portfolio on a daily basis throughout the year.
"The awards handed out on the night celebrate all areas of hotel life, from our central office and housekeeping teams, to general managers and facilities managers. I would like to extend my warmest congratulations to all of the winners."
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Quality Hotel of the Year - The Rosslea Hall Hotel
- Exceptional People Hotel of the Year - Holiday Inn Cambridge
- Revenue Driving Employee of the Year - Diana Ferreira, M&E Co-ordinator at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
- CSR hotel of the Year - Telford Whitehouse
- Support Person of the Year - Niki Fincham
- Louis Woodcock's Award for Exceptional Service - Martin Ruddy, Maintenance Manager at Holiday Inn Brent Cross
- Employee of the Year - Jonathan Shields, Senior Guest Services Manager at Aloft Liverpool
- General Manager of the Year - Don McGregor at The Rosslea Hall Hotel
- Hotel of the Year - Holiday Inn Guildford
Guests were able to follow all the action on the night on Twitter, using the hashtag #RBHAwards.