13th February 2017
RBH , the UK's leading independent hotel management company, has celebrated its top hotels, teams and performers at an annual awards ceremony in Telford.
Hosted at Telford Whitehouse Hotel on Friday 3rd February, the awards recognised outstanding performances in nine categories, with an impressive 40 'Employees of the Year' commended, among others.
Around 200 guests, including representatives from across RBH's 45-strong hotel portfolio, enjoyed a black tie dinner.
The coveted 'Hotel of the Year' award went to DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre, which also scooped the 'Market Share Award' alongside Tushar Aggarwal from the central revenue management team.
Other winners on the night were Pedro Da Silva of Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock, who was named 'General Manager of the Year', Lauren Smith of Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham, who was awarded for 'Exceptional Service' and Carly McGrain of ibis Styles Glasgow Centre George Square, who bagged the 'Rising Star Award'.
Telford Whitehouse Hotel scooped the 'Transformation and Innovation Award', the The Erskine Bridge Hotel and Spa won the 'Engagement Award' and Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square took home the coveted 'Best in Class Award'.
Susan Bland, Chief Human Resources Officer at RBH, said: "From our hotels to our central office, our food and beverage team members to our General Managers, our people display such dedication every day that it can be quite a challenge to pick out winners from among them, when all are so deserving.
"This year we changed our award categories to be more in line with our business focus areas, and we enhanced the prizes to include individual development programmes and team development days worth thousands of pounds. We feel that those who took home awards this year put in an extra special performance in 2016 and we can't praise them highly enough. Congratulations to them all!"
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Market Share Award - DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre and Tushar Aggarwal from the central revenue management team
- Rising Star Award - Carly McGrain, Deputy General Manager, ibis Styles Glasgow Centre George Square
- Louis Woodcock's Award for Exceptional Service - Lauren Smith, Deputy General Manager, Holiday Inn Express Cheltenham
- Transformation & Innovation Award - Telford Whitehouse Hotel
- Employee of the Year - 43 employees recognised
- Engagement Award - The Erskine Bridge Hotel & Spa
- Best in Class Award - Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
- GM of the Year - Pedro Da Silva, Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock
- Hotel of the Year - DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre