As our valued guest ("You"), we value your commitment to RBH.
- WHO COLLECTS MY DATA?
Data pertaining to your experience in a hotel managed by RBH is gathered by RBH, a hotel management company, based at 40 Brand Street, Glasgow, G51 1DG.
Where your stay is within a hotel operated under a franchise agreement with a hotel brand, your data will also be collected by the hotel brand e.g. InterContinental Hotels Group or Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
Data is collected during the booking process either via a brand booking engine or independent third-party booking engine provider (Sabre Hospitality Solutions).
- WHEN IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
PI may be collected in certain circumstances as follows:
- Booking of a hotel room - through on and offline channels including brand and independent (Sabre Hospitality Solutions) booking engines
- Enquiries made at a hotel for provision of services (meeting rooms, wedding venue enquiries)
- Check-in and check-out
- Consumption during a stay in a hotel as tracked through room charges
- Claims, requests and/or disputes
- Participation in marketing programs, with your explicit consent
- Registering with loyalty programs
- Contribution to guest’s surveys and/or comments (e.g. "Guest Satisfaction Survey", "Contact us"; "Guests comments”)
- Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions, with your explicit consent
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems
- Connection to any RBH websites (IP address, session cookies and Google Universal Analytics)
- Filling in of an online collection form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, forms)
- Use of a website managed by RBH, including www.rbhmanagement.com
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA COOKIES
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
Personal Information regarding a user’s journey through our websites is collected when visiting a hotel managed by RBH.
The placement of cookies throughout websites managed by RBH, also allows RBH to enhance the effectiveness of social media advertising through the data and insight collected in relation to the user journey.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the menu on your browser or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that turning off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
- WHAT ARE THE PURPOSES OF DATA COLLECTION BY RBH?
We use PI for the following purposes:
- To deal with Your enquiries and requests
- To book and reserve hotel rooms and requested accommodation or venue hire provision
- To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements and local regulations
- For back-office processing, including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour
- To manage guests' complaints
- To track consumption (telephone, bar, Internet, pay TV)
- To let You benefit from our loyalty program
- To implement security and fraud prevention means
- Administering membership records
- HOW RBH USE PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
- To process your PI in the RBH Clients Relationship Management program
- To better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better
- To send You newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services, hotel promotions or about RBH
- To conduct surveys and analyse guests' questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
- To secure and improve use of Internet websites including website navigation
Should you wish to discuss any query regarding use of Your data for marketing purposes, contact the RBH Marketing Department on 0141 419 4567 or at 40 Brand Street, Glasgow, G51 1DG. Please note that we will only collect your PI with your explicit consent.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY RBH?
As a customer at an RBH operated hotel, You may be asked, at various times, to provide PI about You and your family members, such as:
- Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses
- Other personal details: date of birth; nationality
- Child Information: name and birth date
- Credit card details (only in secure transactional related system)
- Membership card numbers of any loyalty program
- Your dates of arrival and departure
- Your preferences and interests, e.g. preferred location of room (low floor, high floor), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests
- Any questions/comments You may have during or after your stay in one of our hotels
- COLLECTION OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
In order to satisfy certain requests or to provide You with specific services during your stay, RBH may collect data which may be considered sensitive including leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies, cultural habits, smoker/ non-smoker status.
RBH may collect data to facilitate certain dietary requirements or provide accessible access facilities during your stay in hotels under RBH management.
We do not knowingly collect PI from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with an adult's permission. If You believe your child has submitted PI directly to us, please contact us so that we can delete such PI.
We do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sex life details.
- SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
At RBH, we wish to offer you the same level of service and hospitality across all our managed hotels.
We will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or we have your consent, and to the following.
These authorized individuals include (but is not limited to):
- RBH Hospitality Management LTD employees
- Hotel reservation staff using RBH reservation tools
- Information technology staff and marketing department staff
- Medical services
- Legal Department staff
- Any relevant individuals of any RBH operated hotels’ legal entities for specific categories of data, for a legitimate or lawful reason.
- DATA SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may share your PI with external third parties for providing You with the requested services and improving your stay with us. Third-party service providers may include (but is not limited to): booking engine providers (Sabre Hospitality Solutions), IT subcontractors, commercial partners, local authorities and any authority which we are required by law to do so.
- DATA SECURITY
RBH takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with local law requirements, to protect your PI against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organisational measures such as a login/efficient password and physical protection.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
We may transfer your PI to recipients, internal or external, which may be located in countries with different levels of PI protection.
- DATA STORAGE
- RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND MODIFY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, modify or delete Your PI at any time.
However, please note that if You object to the collection of PI, we may, in certain circumstances be unable to provide You with services requested during your stay at a hotel under management by RBH Hotels.
If You wish to exercise your rights on your PI held by a specific hotel, then You must contact the hotel managed by RBH directly.
To discuss access to PI held about You for marketing purposes or if You encounter any problem when exercising your rights, You can contact the dedicated Guest Data Services department of RBH, contactable on +44 (0) 141 419 4567 or at Guest Data Services, Marketing Team, RBH, 40 Brand Street, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom, G51 1DG
RBH do not charge individuals for any requests made regarding collection of PI.
In the interests of protecting the privacy of all RBH guests, we will need to verify your identity properly prior to responding to your request. To this end, we may request a copy of a valid identification paper such as a current driver's license, identity card or passport.
If your PI is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide RBH with your request for correction at the contact details outlined above. Any requests for correction will be dealt with as soon as practicable or in compliance with applicable law.
- QUESTIONS / CONTACT
The full name of our company is RBH Hotels UK Ltd. We are registered in England & Wales under registration number 07399345. Our registered address is The Mille, 1000 Great West Road, Brentford, TW8 9DW. You can contact us by telephone on 0141 419 4567 asking for the marketing department. Our VAT number is 136 9562 84.