As well as having significant experience of new build hotels we have also worked with a number of historic listed buildings and have been involved in a number of sensitive restoration projects as a result.
Doubletree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre
Appointed to manage £650k investment to preserve the Category ‘A’ listed building (built in 1892), the project included:
- Preservation of the polished cream ashlar façade and replacement of large, curved, polished ashlar lintels.
- New sandstone details that had been weathered beyond repair were also indented by expert stonemasons using traditional techniques and methods.
- Repair and redecoration of timber window frames.
- The restoration works took place in careful stages ensuring minimal disruption to guests.
Crewe Hall, Cheshire
Appointed to manage roof and façade restoration of 117-bedroom Grade II listed mansion built in 1638.
- Undertaking critical roof restoration works to prevent water ingress.
- Restoring original rainwater goods, roofing fabric and features.